For general enquires regarding exams please contact our examinations officer Andrea Lawton.
Exam Information 2017/18
For all Provisional Exams Dates during the acedemic year 2017/18 please click the file below.
SUMMER EXAMINATION INFORMATION
Exams from Tuesday 8 May to Wednesday 27 June
Information for all Yr 10s, 11s, 12s and 13s
Each pupil is given 2 timetables. The first one (yellow paper) shows the examinations and the level for which you have been entered. Please check this VERY CAREFULLY to make sure that you are entered for all the exams you are expecting to take. If you have any queries, please come to the exams office.
The second timetable will be given out as early as possible after that (on green paper). This timetable show the exam, the TIME, the ROOM and your SEAT allocation.
- All morning exams start at 9am
- The afternoon exams can start any time between 1pm and 1.30pm so PLEASE CHECK - please do not use the times on the yellow timetable since it is likely to have changed.
It is YOUR responsibility to:
- Know the exams you are taking, the time you are expected to be there and where you are taking the exams.
- BE PREPARED - have all the correct equipment for each exam. A clear pencil case, writing equipment - BLACK pens only - pencils, maths equipment as required, rubbers, pencil sharpener. These can be purchased from the PLC Department for only £1.
- Ensure you have NO MOBILE PHONES or OTHER DIGITAL EQUIPMENT on you.
- Read the candidate information forms on the 'dos' and 'don'ts' of examinations. YOU have all been given one and there is a copy on the Exam Notice Board in the Main Corridor.
- If the bus is late, DO NOT PANIC. We will know this in school and will start your exam as soon as possible after you arrive.
- If there is no good reason for you not turning up for an external exam, you will be charged for the entry.
You can collect your summer exam results from the Sports Hall from 9am. Parking is available in the bus bays.
GCE (AS/A Level) - 9am Thursday 16 August 2018 GCSE - 9am Thursday 23 August 2018
If you are not able to collect the results yourself and you would like someone else to collect them, we need a signed letter confirming who that person will be. Please hand this into the Exams Office before the end of the Summer Term. Should you require your results to be posted, please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope and bring it to the Exams Office before the end of term.
Certificates for the Summer 2018 exams
These will be available from January 2019. If you have left The Maelor School, please come and collect your certificates. You will need to phone with the following details:- your name, date of birth, the year you left the school. The certificates will then be available in Reception for you to collect and sign for.
Certificates for the Summer 2017 exams
These have been available in school from January 2018. If you have left The Maelor School, please come and collect your certificates. You need to phone with the following details:- your name, date of birth, the year you left the school. The certificates will then be available in Reception for you to collect and sign for.
For any queries, please contact Miss Lawton in the Exams Office or via email.